Software Architect - IBM
- The IBM Software Architect is responsible for providing pre-sales technical support and assistance for customers.
- They will work to understand customer's business needs and technical challenges.
- They deliver high quality solution architecture, design, presentations and demonstrations to clients based on IBM SW technology in response to varying business requirements by utilizing product, technology, industry and business skills. The Client Technical Professional has an in-depth understanding of IBM products, offerings and services.
The IBM Software Architect will actively seek and identify new sales opportunities. They provide technical sales support which may include: collaboration with sales teams to define, design, and detail the technical aspects and feasibility of proposed solutions; lead and deliver Proof of Concepts; develop and deliver customized demonstrations; support critical situations; provide short term consultancy services to clients; and answer technical questions. As a member of the sales team, they will be engaged in customer facing activities, be responsible for the technical accuracy of the proposed solution, and lead the technical aspects of the sale.
The IBM Software Architect will be working closely with the sales team to assist in winning business opportunities for SBM/IBM.
His responsibilities include:
- Provide technical pre-sales support to assist the Sales team.
- Participates in winning IBM SW Solutions business by articulating the technical value proposition, positioning the IBM SW offerings against competitive offerings, progressing sales and assisting the sales team in proposing winning configurations.
- Drives SBM/IBM revenue and takes ownership of all technical aspects of progressing IBM SW sale, being able to articulate advantages of the IBM product set and how to use the IBM SW technology to our customers’ technical, management and executive staff
- Acts as a technical consultant to our customers and removes technical inhibitors to the sale of IBM SW products, solutions and services through whiteboard/chalk talks, presentations, demonstrations, customized demonstrations, proof-of-technology sessions, proof-of-concepts, technical competitive analysis, etc.
- Responding to and building the technical sections of the RFI/RFP
- Provide product/ solutions feedback from customers
- Communicate competitive intelligence from the field experience working with sales representatives to establish specific account plans and strategies
- Analyze sales prospects' requirements and propose the best possible software solution
- Create and deliver demonstrations, presentations and/or proof of concepts which map features/benefits of software to prospects' specific needs. These efforts focus on the goal of educating the prospect about the software solution.
- Provide on-going technical support to well-qualified opportunities. This may include training, programming of examples, third-party software integration, trouble-shooting, best-practices consulting.
- Helping customers and projects teams during product implementation.
- Conducting gape analysis studies to customers.
- Certified Software Architect
- English: Fluent & Arabic: Native Language (Preferred)
- At least 5 years of experience as IBM Software Architect.
- At least 5 years of experience in J2EE platforms and Net platforms, including ASP.NET, EJB, JMS, JDBC, XML and related areas.
- At least 5 years of experience in IBM Software development using IBM methodologies
- At least 5 years of experience in Distributed Computing, Web Technologies and Messaging / Middleware
- At least 5 years of experience in various industries and like Government, Banking and Financial Services, Insurance and Telco
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective negotiation, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Customer focused.
- Have a high level of responsibility for given tasks
- Ability to prioritize and work with deadlines.
- Flexible and open minded.
- Ability to work well in both a team environment and independently.
- Ability to learn quickly and share knowledge and information.
- Programming and scripting experience a plus.
- Application installation and system administration experience.
- Previous experience with Packaged Software and Software Engineering tools.
- Proven record of ability to learn new products and technologies quickly.
- Strong technical understanding of Middleware software.
- Ability to articulate the IBM SW solutions in relation to customer's situation.
- Knowledge of the key SW competitors, their strengths and weaknesses, and ability to differentiate SW products.