Process & Technology Specialist
Apply business analysis skills to investigate operational requirements, problems, opportunities and stakeholder objectives and seeking effective recommendations. Uses Requirements definition and management to defines scope and business priorities for small-scale changes and may assist in larger scale scoping exercises and defines, documents and carries out small projects or sub-projects), alone or working with IT service delivery teams
Major Responsibilities – include but are not limited to -
• Projects Management:
- Defines, documents and carries out small projects or sub-projects (typically less than six months, with limited budget, limited interdependency with other projects, and no significant strategic impact), alone or with a small team, actively participating in all phases
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project
- Agrees project approach with stakeholders, and prepares realistic plans (including quality, risk and communications plans) and tracks activities against the project schedule, managing stakeholder involvement as appropriate
- Monitors costs, timescales and resources used, and takes action where these deviates from agreed tolerances
- Ensures that own projects are formally closed and, where appropriate, subsequently reviewed, and that lessons learned are recorded.
• Business Analysis:
- Investigates operational needs and problems, and opportunities, contributing to the recommendation of improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes and organization
- Assists in defining acceptance tests for these recommendations.
• Requirements definition and management:
- Defines scope and business priorities for small-scale changes and may assist in larger scale scoping exercises
- Elicits and discovers requirements from operational management and other stakeholders.
- Selects appropriate techniques for the elicitation of detailed requirements taking into account the nature of the required changes, established practice and the characteristics and culture of those providing the requirements
- Specifies and documents business requirements as directed, ensuring traceability back to source
- Analyses them for adherence to business objectives and for consistency, challenging positively as appropriate. Works with stakeholders to prioritize requirements.
- Good communications writing and speaking skills
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, deadline-driven, complex, team-based environment with conflicting and competing priorities
- Good problem-solving, reasoning, judgment skills and analytical thought
- Communicates fluently orally and in writing
- Ability to manage small-scale IT projects
- Good level of understanding of Systems / Business Analysis and Requirements Management
- Good level of understanding of Project Management
- Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for personal development
- Works under general direction within a clear framework of accountability
- Exercises substantial personal responsibility and autonomy
- Plans own work to meet given objectives and processes
- Influences customers, suppliers and partners at account level.
- May have some responsibility for the work of others and for the allocation of resources.
- Participates in external activities related to own specialism.
- Makes decisions which influence the success of projects and team objectives
- Work includes a broad range of complex technical or professional activities, in a variety of contexts.
- Investigates, defines and resolves complex issues
- Selects appropriately from applicable standards, methods, tools and applications.
- Communicates fluently, orally and in writing, and can present complex information to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Facilitates collaboration between stakeholders who share common objectives.
- Plans, schedules and monitors work to meet time and quality targets.
- Rapidly absorbs new information and applies it effectively.
- Maintains an awareness of developing technologies and their application and takes some responsibility for driving own development.
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Information Systems or related. Master’s is a plus
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in similar role including consulting environment, developing and delivering IT projects and solutions
- Good knowledge on systems / business analysis, projects management, and process improvement methodologies
- PMP, Lean Six Sigma Certification and/or ERP (SAP) certification is preferred plus.